Tuesday, May 27, 2008

going, going, gone.


Many of the local churches here in Athens have created a church softball league. For the past 5 years, or so, our branch has participated in the league. Last Saturday we lost our tournament game, eliminating us permanently, abruptly ending our season. I am awful at softball, my contribution to the team was eating about 6 packs of bubble gum that Chris brought and fulfilling the roll as a "special" (someone over 60, younger than 16 or a woman). I usually played catcher :). Luckily my dear husband can represent the Findlay's much better. Josh hit a home run on Saturday and played flawlessly as a third baseman. Josh and I decided that we are going to hit up the batting cages this year in preparation for next season.

3 scrumptious secrets:

The Andrews said...

How fun...so your team was co-ed, I should propose the idea to our ward! Sorry about the elimination but you guys are going all the way next year with your batting cage practice this summer!

Tyson and Heather said...

fun! softball games are my ultimate fav:) we went to the batting cages last month and had the best time...definitely recommend!

The Walkers said...

Sorry you lost. Softball is so dang fun! I kind of understand the whole not being good at a sport bit. I officially SUCK at volleyball and it's not an easy pill for me to swallow. I loved your post about the man food!