Monday, May 5, 2008

A lesson learned: INVEST!!!



I cannot stop thinking about the monopoly game that Josh, Elizabeth and I played one night last week while we were at the beach. Josh invested all of his money to ranger stations (hotels) on all of his national parks. I thought that the couple tents on each of my parks would be a substantial investment to keep me keep me afloat as I save my money for hotels/ranger stations at the end of the game. BAD IDEA Natalie. Within 2 turns, I lost $1900 (my savings). Elizabeth and I were totally dominated by Josh...it was actually a very pitiful sight. I should have invested early like Josh. I was too caught up with saving my money that I actually ended up loosing in the end. Since being married Josh and I have been saving, saving and saving money. Saving is a very good thing, but investing that saved money is better. We have investigated opening a Roth IRA or purchasing a couple mutual funds...but we just haven't. Being a young married couple, the thought of investing money is very intimidating. Luckily I am married to a monopoly extraordinaire and I will let him take care of it. Thanks hunny :).

3 scrumptious secrets:

Jared and Katy said...

haha very cute! You guys will be sucessful no matter what. You two are very smart

The Andrews said...

Great insight Nat...I am a big Monopoly fan, but when you invest with real money it becomes a little scarier!

Mary Mitchell said...

Too bad REAL money is a heck of a lot scarier to invest than monopoly money!