Today, May 18th marks some very important events:
1860: Abraham Lincoln nominated for presidency
1897: First Irish music festival held in Dublin
1908: Congress mandated the use of "In God We Trust"
1953: 1st Woman, Jaquleine Cochrane breaks the sound barrier
1963: "If You Wanna Be Happy" by Jimmy Soul hits #1
1969: Apollo 10 launched toward lunar orbit
1980: Mountain St Helen's erupts
2007: Josh and Nat tie the knot :)
1969: Apollo 10 launched toward lunar orbit
1980: Mountain St Helen's erupts
2007: Josh and Nat tie the knot :)

Being from Washington State, May 18th is a historic day. In Washington State history we studied the day Mt St. Helen's erupted. All of the teachers told us exactly what they were doing on the day it happened and how gray ash fell like rain from the sky 200 miles away in the Tricities. No longer will the Mt. St. Helen's massacre be the first thing I think of on May 18th. The year 2007 was much more historic in my eyes.
In some ways I find it fitting that a large mountain blew up and Josh and I got married on the same day 27 years apart.
2 scrumptious secrets:
I think you should name your first son Saint and your first daughter Helen. :o) Congrats again on the year anniversary!
Happy Anniversary!!!
Post a Comment