Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tipping Point

Because of rising gas prices, the last few months Josh has been encouraging me to start using other forms of transportation to work. I am lucky that I only live 2 miles from the dental office that I work at. Usually I drive to work so I can use my lunch break productively; run errands, go running, (recently hit up the pool) or just for lunch at home with my husband. Occasionally I walk to work. I know you are thinking easy solution:Walk, but the days I walk I don't have the my beloved lunch breaks to get away from the office and have some Natalie time.

A few days ago when Josh and I filled our gas tank it cost us $60!!! I know that you are all experiencing the same astronomical gas prices that we are, but this is just outrageous! Josh and I reached our tipping point...we need to leave our car in our parking lot as much as possible. I dusted off my bicycle and decided this was the most efficient way for me to get to work and still have time to ride home on my lunch breaks to go running and or have lunch with Josh.

Today marks the first day that I cycled to work. My entire trek to work is uphill, I sure can't wait for my ride home :)

3 scrumptious secrets:

The Andrews said...

I have almost reached the tipping point! Gas prices are so high, it is totally eating away at our income. I am tempted to start biking to work, way to join in the biking revolution!

Briann said...

WOW!! That is crazy! Your awesome for riding your bike to work, good job! ( i got your blog info off of Maria's!)

Jared and Katy said...

Oh my goodness, you are so lucky that everything is so close, I don't know what Jared and I are going to do. Good luck though!