Meet Emilie and Milton...
Three weekends ago my dear friend Emilie spent the weekend with me. Emilie and I have lived in the same quadrant of the United States for about 2 years now and have planned numerous of reunions that have last minute fallen apart. Emilie's husband just got a new job in Minneapolis so this last month was our last chance. Milton replaced her husband for the weekend. Josh fell in love with Milton the first time he laid eyes upon him, I thought for awhile Josh wasn't going to let Emilie take her bird home. Milton didn't really like Josh or I (just like Emilie's devil dog from high school that hated me). Every time Emilie brought Milton out of his cage he would fly then dive directly at my head and practically try to kill me. Let's just say we kept Milton in his cage for the rest of the trip.
As displayed in the pictures below, Milton didn't like Josh so much either.

Emilie came Thursday evening at around 1:00 am...we stayed up talking for hours, every night we stayed up way too late talking and arose early because we made many many plans for her stay. Friday it poured rain all day but that didn't stop us... we spent most the day shopping downtown and ended it eating pizza at mellow mushroom. Saturday morning we arose early to go to the Occone County Fall Festival, which rapidly exposed Emilie to Southern Culture....lots of fried food. Here are some pictures from our escapades of downtown Watkinsville, I couldn't resist taking pictures in the most adorable antique shop, I absolutely loved the purple walls and the beautiful wall art.

(Left): I am still trying to recover from not purchasing this adorable end table. I thought it was so cute. (Right): What is that amazing fried fatty goodness that we are holding? Yes, Emilie and I ate fried oreos...which were actually to die for.



Right after the fall festival we rushed to the Football game. Because it was homecoming all of the alumni cheerleaders participated...all I have to say is Adorable. I wish our current cheer leaders would wear poodle skirts and hats and swing dance on the sidelines. Saturday we went to a Spanish Market then went shopping at the outlets all night. Sunday we went to Church then sent Emilie and Milton on their way back to Tallahassee.
Josh and I had so much having Emilie visit for the weekend. We missed having Ryan here, but he was busy training in Rhode Island for his new job.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
my florida visitors...
Posted by Natalie at 10:05:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 scrumptious secrets:
OH MY GOSH i am so shocked to see pics of Emilie! she is SO not like she use to be like AT ALL! Crazy now just a few years can change things....i think ive gained all the weight she lost! Looks like you guys had fun though, and those fried oreos probably were delious!
Post a Comment