Wednesday, October 8, 2008

turkey cookie.

So yesterday at work someone brought the most adorable fall sugar cookies. I thought the last thing I need is too eat one of these, but because they were so adorable I thought I should probably take one home to my husband. Because I've been feeling a bit under the weather I've been biking to work. Yesterday I decided to walk home, holding my husband's turkey cookie. I got really hungry on my journey home and decided I probably should take a bite. But then I remembered I already told Josh that I was bringing him a surprise home from work. No that would not do. So I took a picture before I ate it to show him proof about how cute the cookie was. But then, I thought it through again and thought it was not such a good idea, I need to give my husband the turkey cookie. I think he would really like it. For my entire 25 minute walk home I held that turkey cookie and kept it safe and ignored my growling stomach. Last night when Josh returned from his busy day at 9:30 I am proud to say that the turkey cookie was fully intact, frosting and all, untouched. This was a victory for me because I have a very bad sweet tooth.

Last time I saw a turkey out in nature, was while I was running early one morning a few years ago in Connecticut and I practically ran into a ferocious wild turkey that still gives me nightmares. I thought this turkey cookie was a much better experience than my last.

4 scrumptious secrets:

Ashley said...

Man Alive I admire your strength to not give in to such a temptation. We both know that turkey would have been gone as I left work if it was me. What a good wife you are.

Ashley Smith said...

kay so a is me. If i forget and sign in as my e-mail then it is this mystery a person, if I sign in it is ashley who is linked to my blog. stupid thing.

Courtney said...

you're a strong woman.

Charlotta-love said...

I probably would have eaten the cookie then gone to a gas station and bought another treat. lol. good for you.