My Friend Ashley Tagged me three weeks ago...7 random facts about me...here it goes...
1) I have chronic hiccups (self-diagnosed). My co-worker Leisa can attest to this, our hygiene rooms are adjacent to each other and almost everyday around 2 or 3 I get the hiccups. I find it rather embarrassing while at work with patients but luckily I can control them pretty well with drinking water upside down, phew!!
2) I love competitions, especially when competing with Josh. While we were dating everything we did was a competition, from miniature golfing through Josh's apartment to even keeping a score board of every single dart off we had for an entire summer. Now we are not quite as intense as we used to be (Josh is amazing and beats me during most everything). Every time we swim laps at the gym we finish our swim with a 50 yard free style race (I haven't beat him since 2007 and yes I did teach him everything he knows), we keep score every time we play basketball one on one (I make him play with my pink women's ball to compensate for our height difference, but once again it usually doesn't help), we sprint at the end of long runs (he no longer even considers this a competition.) I think my love for competitions explains my love for sports, card games and my new love/hate of politics.
3) Classical music soothes my soul. I know 95% of the population could make the exact same statement, but more than just soothing the soul it brings the comfort of home seem not so far away. Growing up my mother taught violin and piano lessons every day after school, my home was always full of music of some sort, whether it be a new violinist screeching or beautiful piano concertos. My mother also played in numerous symphonies so many a Saturday nights as a young girl I spent listening to symphonies. Everyone in my family is rather musically inclined, yes even my dad his claim is that he plays the radio.
4) I thrive around people. Through all four years of college I always had at least 3 other roommates (but for 3 years I had 5 other roommates), I guess you could say that I was always surrounded by a crowd of people. Now that I am married I live with my Joshy, which is so so wonderful, except when he is gone. Josh is a 3rd year law student, works 25-35 hours/week, is the 1st Counselor in the Branch Presidency (at church) and is involved in other political organizations. To say it lightly, he is busy. I have never realized more how much I love being around people. Luckily I have a husband who has his priorities straight and spends all of his spare time with me :).
5) I never liked the season Fall until I moved to Connecticut, in Washington it was my least favorite season...I think I even publicly professed my hate for the season. In Washington the leaves went from green to brown, I thought of Fall as season of death. In Connecticut (and I am finding here in Georgia too) the leaves turn BRIGHT BRIGHT colors that I love. My good friend Megan reminded me of the Fall that I love so much in Connecticut, she posted about it on her blog...go HERE.
6) I am not a night person. My entire life I thought I was a night owl, I used to pride my self on how I could stay up super late then still arise early the next day, with no affect. This is no longer true. I am aging rather quickly. I fall asleep probably 2 nights a week with my toothbrush in my mouth or mid-sentence with my husband.
AND last but not least, probably the most interesting random fact ( about my husband).....
7) I have chubby cheeks. Yes it is true, I think I will forever have chubby cheeks. My entire life I grew up thinking that my chubby cheeks were residual baby fat that was soon to slide off. Here I am 23 with the alleged "baby fat" still here. Even more absurd, it is actually my husbands favorite physical feature about me. He loves to smother his face into my large chubby cheeks. Before we got married Josh's daily dose of Natalie would involve pintching my cheeks. I thought his fetish would wear off after we got married. Actually his fetish has evolved, there has not been a single day go by that my hubby has not smashed his face against mine and caressed my plump cheeks.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
7 things...
Posted by Natalie at 12:43:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 scrumptious secrets:
It was so fun to read this Natalie. You are such a cute girl. You always have people around you because they gravitate to you. That's a God-given gift.
I do have to say that I love fall in Washington. I appreciate it a whole lot more as the years pass.
I only have one question, how do YOU fall asleep with a tooth brush in your mouth. I use to watch you brush your teeth everyday and I believe there had to be a sink directly below you. Anyways, I loved it all, miss you terribly, want to come see what true fall is. love ya.
Erica-aw geez, you are so sweet.
Ashley- I actually will crawl into bed with my toothbrush because I am so tierd...yes...I know I am a little strange.
I hear #6 happens when you get married. yikees!
Post a Comment