Wednesday, September 17, 2008

the pre-b-day barfy blues.


Yesterday I took the morning off at work so I could catch up with errands, do some deep cleaning around the house and pick up some last minute birthday presents for Josh. I was so excited to have a morning to myself because our weekends tend to get so busy that they end up to be anything but relaxing.

Around 1 pm when Josh came home from school he looked green and feverish and dove straight into bed. He apparently picked up the bug that is rapidly flying around our office (yes, I already expierenced it this last weekend). My afternoon turned into cuddling in bed, renting movies and vegging on the couch. Josh would describe yesterday as torcherous; experincing head to toe aches, fluid exiting his body from all areas, a pounding headache and chills on and off all day. But this was the first time that Josh has actually been really, really sick since we've been married. I secretly loved staying home all day pampering him and waiting on his every need. I loved that the usually crazy busy evening just turned into us two at home drinking lots of fluids together on the couch.

3 scrumptious secrets:

Morgan said...

Ohh what a good wife you are. Hope he feels better.

Charlotta-love said...

I think you can make any situation romantic!

Ashley Smith said...

I just want to know if he has a JUG like you use to and if that is what you mean by "lots of fluids"