Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th Fireworks, Melons & Happiness.

I think that the 4th of July is one of my very favorite holidays. I love anything involved with summer activities (swimming, barbecuing, picnicking and swimming). Although I was a little sad to miss out on the family reunion, Josh and I spent the 4th with his wonderful parents. Friday morning started out just as the sun was rising. Josh and I participated in a parade in the little town of Colbert, Georgia (which we absolutely loved), and later Josh and I even made time for relaxing at the pool. We invited the Findlay's over for dinner at our apartment and then we went to Bishop Park in Athens where we watched the fireworks.


The weather was absolutely beautiful, after the 20 minute thunderstorms the sun immediately came out along with a cool breeze. We set out blankets and ate fresh watermelon straight from the fields of Colbert, probably the best watermelon I've ever had. The fireworks were beautiful (even despite the crying babies next to us). The only way to describe last Friday was pure happiness.

4 scrumptious secrets:

Ashley Smith said...

HAPPY 4TH!!!!!!

Jared and Katy said...

Ok first...cute picture of eating watermelon...second AMAZING picture of the fireworks you should submit that for a photo contest....third i've never seen Josh's family and they look so cute!

Briann said...

How fun! You guys look great, we missed you of course!

Courtney said...

Sounds like a fun 4th! Remember when we went to Disneyland together? yeah...those were some good times!