Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Athfest

I love living in Athens. This past weekend I expierenced my first Athfest. Athens takes a lot of pride in it's music scene. REM, B-52's, Indigo Girls, and Widespread Panic are just a few of the bands that have originated from this small city. Every single summer Athen's host's a weekend music and arts festival. Sadly, Josh and I haven't taken advantage of the music scene here until last weekend. My favorite band we listened to were the Modern Skirts (soon to be really really famous, mark my words.) Josh and I enjoyed Athfest so much Friday night we returned Saturday night too.

My dear husband is aging rather quickly, please notice the fluorescent earplugs in his ears. Friday night he though he "blew his ear drums out" (whatever that means.) He was very happy that he came prepared Saturday night. Honestly, I was slightly envious while we were standing 14 feet from the speakers.
I already can't wait until next year's Athfest...(hopefully we'll still be here in Athens!)

3 scrumptious secrets:

Ashley Smith said...

That sounds like so much fun!

Charlotta-love said...

hey, nothing wrong with earplugs. think of it this way...in 50 years he will still be able to hear you when you ask him to help you with something. :o)

Jared and Katy said...

that looks like so much fun, I've never been but I have always wanted to go...and way-to-go Josh with the earplugs!