Thursday, June 11, 2009

scrumptious saturday

Part 1: The Putnam County Dairy Festival = life changing


Last year Josh and I had our first experience at the dairy festival and actually got to participate in the parade with the Congressman's campaign we had so much fun we knew that we had to go back. Last Saturday we went back and the festival, once again, was everything we had hoped for. This year I participated in the 10k along with many other girls from our church. One of my favorite things about this festival is the UNLIMITED FREE ICE CREAM! Yes, Mayfield Dairy brought 3 large ice cream trucks and left their doors open for the entire festival, offering assorted milk and ice cream products, oh happy day!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the event--pre and post race pictures (it's pretty obvious which is which). On Josh's behalf, I will not disclose how many times he went back to the truck, I don't think his diabetic doctor would approve, but it may or may not be able to be counted on 3 hands...


Sarah (aka my rock climbing partner) was promoted to my running partner, and we have had so much fun these last three months running together (we are pictured on the left). This was her first race ever--and she did fabulous!


I know you are thinking could this festival get any better, but wait...it did. To my surprise I was the third finisher in my age group (yes, shocker, I know) and was awarded a lovely stained glass turtle as my reward. I was very excited! And of course my sweet Dawan placed also, first in her age group, but more importantly the third female to pass through the finish line...she is my inspiration.

After the race we watched the parade and enjoyed walking around looking at the arts festival. It was a fabulous Saturday morning.
Part II: Atlanta!
After the dairy festival we zoomed (under the speed limit of course) to Atlanta to see the Cates. We spent the day admiring their adorable new home in Cabbagetown, strolling through Virginia Highlands at another summer festival (obviously not quite as country as the dairy festival) and reminiscing about the good ole days (3 weeks ago) when we lived in the same apartment complex.
They also introduced us to Yoforia--the best frozen yogurt ever.
David fixed up my bike and now it is in top notch condition for the big event Saturday. (Please pray that I don't drowned!) Thank you Morgan and David for being fabulous hostesess on Saturday, and I guess Josh and I forgive you for leaving us.

4 scrumptious secrets:

Jill said...

WOW, your life has sure been busy! Looks like so much fun!! I love after a 10K they give you as much ice cream as you can possibly eat!

Pieces of me... said...

You scream, I scream, we all scream, for ice cream!! That looked like alot of fun... congrats on 3rd place! :)

Unknown said...

Wow, congratulations! Sounds like you guys are sure keeping yourselves busy. Good luck on your next race!

Mary Mitchell said...

Your life looks so happy in this blog post. I love it =)!

(P.S. My word verification for this post if "crappity" - what is that about?!)