Tuesday, August 26, 2008

inspirations

About a month ago while Josh and I were at the local flea market we found these fabulous ladies who were selling paint brushes, paints (watercolor, acrylic and oil) and canvases for 25 cents each. Their mother, who recently passed away, was an artist and had a trailer packed completely full of untouched art supplies. We left with 3 grocery bags full of amazing goodies and they only charged us $3 (about an 85% discount from the 25 cents each price). They promised the next week they would be in the same spot selling more art supplies. Josh and I have gone back twice to their booth to pick up more art supplies but sadly they have not been there. Where did my art ladies go?


But we are so grateful for the supplies we did pick up. Josh and I both love going to art galleries and we love art. We both secretly want to quit our careers and move to India and become artists. Well, until that actually happens, we are going to continue painting on the weekends. Our skills are borderline pathetic but we will keep on practicing. Both of my brothers and sister are rather creative and very talented when it comes to drawing and painting, and Josh's father is a great painter, sadly that gene skipped both of us. My next project is to paint something very simple, possibly modern for our living room because I do not like the current "art" (it's from BBB it hardly counts as art). I've been surfing the internet looking for inspiration, and here are some of the things I've found so far (see pictures above). SO my friends stay tuned for the results of this project (it will probably take months.)




3 scrumptious secrets:

Emily said...

I'm excited to see what you come up with!!

Emily said...

I'm excited to see what you come up with!!

Charlotta-love said...

I was bored one day and picked up some paints. I painted two scenes: a sunset and some fish in the ocean. Both are hanging in my bedroom. I haven't really painted since and I'm not very good but it was just fun. Whatever you decide to paint, above all have fun! Perfection comes. I'm excited to see your projects.