Monday, May 11, 2009

for all the wrong reasons.

My name is Natalie and I am a sports fan. Ever since I was young, I formed attachments to my favorite players and teams.


I liked the Yankees because they have my (maiden name) initials on their hats I liked Grant Hill because he plays the piano and loves his mama (I learned these facts from 20/20 as an 8 year old, and my loyalty has never faltered since).

I can't really remember why I liked Gary Payton as a little girl so much, but every time I played house with Daja I pretended he was my husband.
In fifth grade I liked Scottie Pippen because we had the same basketball shoes. I liked Steve Young because people used to think we were related AND I saw him at general conference.And now as a grown more mature woman, I have decided my new favorites.

Rajan Rondo (he has very nice deltoids and this man knows how to hustle (on the court that is)).

Doc Rivers... (doesn't the name and the face say enough)

And I guess you can't tell who my favorite team is ....

I love the Celtics cute green outfits...oops I mean green uniforms. Seriously this team is stacked---they have a player named baby face (who not to mention has an awesome mohawk), Rae Allen (looks like the sweetest man ever, and he supports diabetes), KG (sadly out for the playoffs, but he sure looks sharp in his designer suit with his 3 karat diamond stud), and they have a red head white man who looks Irish. This team is great.

My name is Natalie and I am still a sports fan :)

6 scrumptious secrets:

Jill said...

I honestly didnt know you were this much into sports players and team and etc. I feel like i dont even know you haha. Then again we never played barbies together....I honestly didnt even know any of those people you were talking about except steve young...and thats just because hes mormon. T

Ashley Smith said...

So sometimes your blog doesn't want to let me comment. say this with me HOCKEY. So much better. (I am sure many people are out there planning my demise for that comment. I tried to break you into it freshman year, guess it didn't catch. lol

Tales of Browns, young and old... said...

That is hilarious that you remembered playing house with me! If I remember right, I think Larry Bird was my husband. And I also have no idea how I picked him :) What fun times!

Natalie said...

Ashley--say this with me "crazy canadian"

Daja--hahaha, I am glad that you remember too, what good times we had in that Cul-de-sac.

Jilly--this is what happens to you when you marry a sports fanatic...

Karen said...

Natalie, Natalie, Natalie, we love you--but really NEW YORK YANKEES?! Any team but them--even the NY Mets--still have your initials--just not the Yankees.
Please!

Love all the rest--but you can't be a Boston Celtics fan and a Yankee--can't happen, --against nature.

The Walkers said...

It's okay Natalie. I originally became a Jazz fan because I thought Bryon Russell was hot. Still do.