Friday, February 20, 2009

for the love...

For all of you who know me I am a huge fan of a holiday that celebrates love, but not such a huge fan of the commercial aspects of that day....I love flowers and going out for a romantic dinner, unless it revolves around Valentines Day...no thanks.

Josh and I planned to go with some friends hiking to celebrate our day of love, but because of CRAZY unpredictable Georgia weather last minute we decided to change our plans. Josh and I went to the historic small town of Madison. We went on a walking tour to look at all of the beautiful pre-civil war era homes and antique shopped downtown and got a quick bite to eat a fabulous southern cafeteria style restaurant.

Here are some pictures from the highlights of the day....

Megan truly knows the way to my heart...she sent me a box full of homemade carmels....Thanks Meg and I love you!! (picture on top right side)




Josh and I were heart attacked by some anonymous person who won't bring themselves forward....who ever you are: Thanks, you are so sweet.
I know isn't that green piece of furniture amazing? Josh bought it for me and it is our new TV stand!! Yay, thanks babe.
Lastly...as I do for all holidays....I made Josh a homemade card....this year I attempted to make a pop-up card. I spared you all by taking a picture before I added my spicy love note to my Joshua...you can thank me later.
I secretly love Valentines Day and I loved it this year because I spent 24 hours straight with Josh....I think this was the first valentines day that has ever happened. AND it was wonderful :)

4 scrumptious secrets:

Emily said...

Ooo what a fun Valentines day! I LOVE that piece of green furniture! Is there a cool story behind it? It's super cute!

Mary Mitchell said...

I'm just not that into Valentine's Day either! Just seems to forced, and too cheesy. I love plenty of romance any other day of the year though =). Glad you guys had a good day ... but why are you so cute in every picture ever posted of you?! Have an ugly day, will ya?

Kasie said...

I love the furniture, too! I wish we lived close to each other, then we could go hunting for cool furniture together!

Anonymous said...

Ah, I like you guys!