Tuesday, July 13, 2010

kuwaiti camels

One of my favorite experiences in Kuwait was playing with the camels!  

Driving on the highway, we spot our friends....
How to get to them?  Off roading of course!

Little did we know we'd be trying her milk next.  
The camel herder was so nice to us!  He allowed us to pet and play with his camels and gave us camels milk.
This camel was not too happy that Jonny hopped on his back, the entire time he was hissing.
Learning the tricks of the trade
Josh's turn next...
 
I was actually pretty nervous about tasting warm camels milk--but to my surpise the milk was sweet and very good.  I was happy that the herder read my mind and gave me a bowl :)

This baby camel loved Josh, she kept on nestling his arm, licking his elbow and chewing his shirt. I thought it was pretty tender.  This was quite different because most of the camels ignored us once they realized that we weren't going to feed them the bread that we brought with us.

If Josh and I ever own a pet, I think it'll have to be a baby camel. I love these beautiful creatures :)

1 scrumptious secrets:

Jill said...

Wow drinking camels milk...id say thats a rare occation for most haha. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!