Tuesday, July 13, 2010

dairy goodness. . .

One thing I've learned about the South is that Georgians LOVE festivals.  And naturally as a Georgian, I do too!  Of the several festivals that Josh and I have attended our favorite is the Putnam County Dairy Festival in Eatanton Georgia.  We have attended all three summers that we've been in Athens.  We got back from our vacation to Egypt and the middle east the day prior to the festival and thought we probably wouldn't make it this year.  Wide eyed and severely jet lagged Josh and I both decided  at  3 am, we couldn't sleep any longer and we couldn't miss the dairy festival this year.  As running in the 10k was not an option for us after taking 3 weeks off, we decided to just enjoy this fabulous event and cheer on our friends who were running and spike Josh's blood sugar.

I know you are wondering why the dairy festival is so wonderful.  The answer is simple it incorporates all of my favorite things....

1) Running (Torture trail 10k)
2) Friends
3) a beautiful location--with beautiful historic homes and an adorable downtown.
4) The giant mayfield dairy cow
5) my husband (he loves this festival as much as I do, chances are you'll find him there every year)
6) last but not least UNLIMITED icecream and milk! 
Thank you Putnam Country Dairy festival.  We will see you next year!

0 scrumptious secrets: