We're back! Josh and I returned from our wonderful trip last Friday morning at 1 am and both of us had to go to work hours later. Luckily, I only had to work until 3, but poor jet lagged Joshua had to put in a 16 hour day at work to prepare for a week full of court cases. Five days later we feel that we are finally back to our regular routine.
- Eternal Marriage class—(every married couple should take this class and read the manual cover to cover)
- Sports Trivia (Josh is a machine, oh and Krunk isn’t so bad either –I usually don’t participate)
- Basketball (well, until the deadly crash that left Josh with a broken elbow—hence the next bullet)
- Doctors Appointments—additionally, Josh has a tendency to attract viruses
- Running every morning before sunrise = thank you Josh for waking up, thank you Dawan for putting up with us every day.
- Organization meetings—if Josh got paid for all of the hours of leadership in all of his professional and political associations I think we could both retire from our jobs today.
- Nashville Country Music Marathon—an adventure and a race that I'll never forget. Josh and I had a wonderful time with Steph, Ashley and Christina. But the real drama happened happened after these girls finished their half and Josh and I continued for the full marathon. To make a very very long story short. There were severe storm and tornado warnings in Nashville. The first hour or two the weather was surprisingly perfect. I had a wonderful race, even in the horrible conditions, on pace to PR, but because the pounding rain and fierce wind, officials decided shut down the race and divert all runners to the finish line, no matter where they were on the course, even me who was passing mile 23. I, along with 85% of the marathon runners did not complete the marathon :(. I ended up running 24 miles and crossed the finish line to chaos. Thousands of runners all finished at the same time and most of the volunteers had left, everyone was frantically running around in pouring rain trying to find food, and their families.
- Institute Graduation—For the entire time that Josh and I have been married (except the Summer we lived in Atlanta), we have participated in institute.
- J&J's--Josh still claims that his favorite place in Athens is the J&J's Flee Market
- National cornbread festival--my first time trying cornbread salad, yum.
- Nascar Races--For Jay's Birthday (Josh's Father), we got him Nascar tickets. What a loud, windy event, but we sure had fun.
- St Patricks Day-- We went to a fabulous party at Dawan and Steph's house. Josh won the root beer drinking tournament.
- Easter- After church we drove to Atlanta to see Josh's family. Wonderful cooking, great company and lots of sweets.
- Planning-- who thought planning a trip to Egypt, Jordan and Kuwait would be SOOO time consuming??!! I felt like I was back in school working on a never ending school project. Most of my nights during April and May I spent researching and coordinating our trip. Luckily, all the planning was well worth the time, our trip turned out perfect :).










4 scrumptious secrets:
WOW natalie whenever i read your blog i feel like my life is so BORING!! That sucks about the marathon but it makes for an interesting story!
Seriously. I have to agree with the previous comment. You guys are goers and doers. That stinks that you only got to run 24 of your 26 miles. So close! At least you know you could have done the full race. I'm glad you posted about your life, and I'm so excited to see your pictures from your trip!!
What a load of fun! I love how you have such a love for life! never lose it! :)
sounds like you've been busy! I want to hear all about your fab trip!
Post a Comment