Sunday, November 15, 2009

be ethical and be true...

Three weeks ago Joshua was sworn in as an attorney in the Superior Court on a beautiful sunny November day. Having virtually no prior knowledge of protocol for an event like this, I had no idea what to expect. Afterwards, I left feeling so proud of Joshua. The judge did a excellent job and gave wonderful advice to Josh as a new layer. He talked about being ethical, true, practicing with integrity, being responsible and serving clients. The entire ceremony was so special.
The judge asked me to come up to the stand and sit next to Josh---I was rather sick this day and was nervous that he was going to ask me to questions, I had literally NO VOICE. Luckily only had to say one raspy croaky "yes."

And the big moment---taking an oath.
At the end of the ceremony, the judge asked one of Josh's colleagues to add a few remarks. He said several very nice things about Josh.
Proud Parents. Colleagues
And finally it is official! Yay :)

Thank you Joseph for taking all of these pictures--they turned out great. Our friend Dawan also came with us. Immediately after the ceremony ended Josh, Dawan, Joseph and I all jumped in the car and drove up to Chattanooga for our Marathon. It was a busy day, but it turned out perfect.

3 scrumptious secrets:

Nan said...

Congrats Josh and Natalie. Bright future for you!

Courtney said...

Wow! Congrats to Josh! and to you to Natalie...I'm sure you enjoy having him done with school!

Ashley Smith said...

I don't know HOW I missed this post but CONGRATULATIONS!!!! He worked hard for it!