Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love the simplicity of Thanksgiving: families and friends gathering together to give thanks over wonderful food. Usually I feel like it is a very calm holiday. This year thanksgiving lacked some of the simplicity but was so much fun. Thanksgiving day was a whirlwind of a half marathon run, cooking, having each course of dinner with a different group of friends, followed by midnight shopping at the outlets. After being awake for 28 hours straight, I wondered how I ever pulled all nighters in dental hygiene school--this old lady is no longer capable of such tasks!!!


Josh and I spent the entire weekend and his parents house. Karen (Josh's mother), is one of the most amazing cooks I know. She fed us amazing food all weekend long. Thanksgiving weekend was Josh's last breath before finals, so it was nice to see him actually relax (which he so seldom has the opportunity to do. )
The pictures below are of Paige and Brittany my shopping/running extraordinaire partners. Their mother along with Karyn and I were the marathon shoppers.
Notice the picture above us all standing outside on thanksgiving day in bare feet---it was sunny, 65 degrees and beautiful. That lovely weather didn't last for long. Two days later it was raining and muggy and cold!!!! Josh and I spent all of those moments out side watching the UGA football game against Georgia Tech. (I have to say-- even during the rain and thunderstorms this game was warmer that 80% of all of the BYU football games I went to.)
After thanksgiving weekend, I realized I never thought of all of the wonderful blessing I had that weekend....so here are a few.
- I am so grateful for family close by...Karyn and Jay have been so wonderful and so generous to me.
- I am so grateful for Joshy who cheered us girls on at 5 am in the morning (he cheered us on at 5 different stops along the course).
- I am so grateful for a flexible job to give me time off work.
- I am so grateful for wonderful friends and family.
- I am so grateful for bushy scarves to keep me warm.
- I am so grateful for awesome midnight sales and outings with the girls.
- I am so grateful for Josh to have moments to relax and spend with his family.
- I am so grateful for holidays.
Yay for Thanksgiving!!!
2 scrumptious secrets:
I think we both suffer from premature aging disorder Natalie. I only stay up to 4 am occasionally now, not every night like we did in CT. I feel so honored to have been in Josh's parents house and your house and I'm an adopted UGA student now. I'm going to write Megan and Jill and Jennah and rub it in.
If you just ran 13 miles in that picture, that's amazing! You look like you just got ready for the day and they gave you a medal ... I'm pretty sure I would pass out if I ran 13 miles. But WAY TO GO!!
Post a Comment