Saturday, December 27, 2008

the frozen findlays

Josh and I have been in Washington visiting my family for the past week and a half and have had such a wonderful time visiting my family. I have yet to download any pictures from my camera, however, I do have a few shots I took on my phone.

The day we left Georgia, Josh was wearing flip flops and shorts. There was no "warm" welcome in the Tri-Cities--we stepped off the plane into a beyond freezing temperature, 3 degrees and a snowy wintery wonderland. My sweet mother signed Josh and me up to for a 10k with my brother Jeffrey. The picture to the right is a quick snapshot I took with my phone while we were running over the Cable Bridge. Please notice the runner in the back ground with a face mask--Josh was most likely suffering from hypothermia when we took this picture. But please don't worry at the conclusion of the run there were hot beverages offered.

I have forgotten what a crazy place I am from--a place that promotes running in awfully cruel conditions and really wierd drinks. We both only took one sip and decided that was enough for a lifetime. Josh and I have never been more proud of finishing a race we both decided that this was harder than any of the three full marathons that we've run. I will later post a picture of our trophy shirts :). We have done many more fun and warm activities while here in Washington, I'll post many pictures when we return to Georgia. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

4 scrumptious secrets:

Ashley Smith said...

I can't believe that you have run 3 marathons. you are amazing.

Jenna said...

You are so fit and fab! Seriously, write a book about it. And also make sure to mention the fact that they gave you warm dr. pepper (SICK)

Youngberg Family said...

Sounds like you're having fun back in the Tri-Cities. That's awesome you're still running. Have a Happy New Year!

Charlotta-love said...

Warm Dr. Pepper? Yikes. ...says the girl who eats boiled peanuts...