Saturday, July 25, 2009

Don't worry mom and dad--I am alive.

Yesterday I got a phone call from my parents, calling to see if Josh and I were alive. This past week I was at the beach and had no contact with them and additionally, they noticed that I hadn't updated the blog for the past 3 weeks and were worried that something happened to us. I think they were joking---but just in case, I've included pictures to show that we are not dead and doing well.

I cannot believe how fast the month of July has flown by, I feel like the fourth of July was just yesterday. I attribute the quickness of time to our crazy schedule---Josh has spent the entire month with his nose in the books, studying for the bar exam (with some mediation on the side). He will take this beastly test Tuesday and Wednesday in Atlanta. Also, my work schedule changed (I now have to work at 6:45 am not one day but two days a week) and marathon training has officially started. The combination of the two has caused my mornings to start before the sunrise and my days to zoom past.Josh and I also moved into a new apartment! We are really excited about this one because we have much more space than our past places and will have room for a dinning room table (yay) and Josh's home office. My commute to work on bike has decreased 85% and I've noticed that the lack pain from riding up Baxter Hill (aka: the hill of death), has caused my pants to tighten. At church Joshua was released from his calling has 1st counselor in the branch presidency and was called back as 1st Counselor 5 minutes later. We were a little surprised, but we are excited to be in the locked in the student branch for a while longer because I love all of my friends there.
.
I will be so happy when life will go back to normal after Josh finishes the bar exam. I have felt extra tension around the house and have learned far more about the law than I ever care to know. Josh has "educated me" about things like--'res judicata and collateral estoppel in special situations' and 'extraordinary writs'. Needless to say I will never go to law school.
.
In the next week or so I plan to update on some of our little trips that we have taken. Happy Pioneer Day (a day late)!
.
Oh--Mom and dad, I hope you count this as a sufficient blog update. This was all for you :)

4 scrumptious secrets:

Pieces of me... said...

Busy, busy, busy. :) I know I'm not family but I 2 was excited to see you had posted a new one! Glad to see all is well... and I totally understand the tension of intense studying and learning/hearing more than you care for about the subject. Good luck and good to see all is well. :)

M said...

i'm glad you are alive! we miss you. we've been thinking about josh and his exam! he'll do great for sure. we love you both!
ps. when are we gonna get together?

Danny and Shalayne said...

I am glad to see you both are alive too! We are going up to Washington this week and wish you were there also!

Josh: Good luck with the bar!

Youngberg Family said...

Man you guys have a crazy busy life! Hope the bar exam went well. I love the pictures you've posted from your beautiful! We're hoping to get a house this winter so we'll finally have room for guests if you guys ever want to visit Alaska.